This chapter details advanced configuration options for XRebel Hub. Please head over to https://zeroturnaround.com/software/xrebel-hub/ for more information about XRebel Hub.
In order to profile distributed applications or microservices, add XRebel Hub Agents to all connected applications.
Keep in mind that there are two methods to collect microservices transactions:
- Configuring all applications to share the same name. All traces will be collected into one application view on the dashboard using that name.
- Using separate names for all connected applications. Transactions are separately collected and displayed under each separate application. The top level applications will still display all transactions from connected applications.
End-to-end transactions will be highlighted using the icon.
XRebel Hub Agents can be configured to use a customized profiling setup. This is useful for adding requests that would normally not be picked up by XRebel Hub (e.g. desktop applications, non-HTTP requests). To do this:
Download the customized configuration file.
- Edit the file to set up customized entry points. Detailed instructions are contained within.
- Save the file in the same location as the XRebel Hub Agent JAR file.
- Restart your application.
Multiple applications running in a single container¶
Multiple applications running in a single container can be detected using the following VM argument:
-Dxrebel.hub.app_auto_discovery=true (defaults to
The application name is read form the
<display-name> element of your
web.xml. When not provided, the application’s context root is displayed as the application name in XRebel Hub.